A solar charger can be your best friend in times of need when you are out there and traveling. Backpacking a solar charger means you can carry it with you anywhere you want. But often, it’s hard to find the perfect solar charger for backpacking.
Undoubtedly, the energy supply is people’s first concern when they are traveling. We can’t blame you if you are already hopeless after searching for a good option as the solar charger.
That’s why today we brought the 6 best solar charger for backpacking. The solar chargers that we are going to share are incredible in power supply and quality. You will receive both quality and performance from these. So without any further small talk, let’s dive into the main context!
Top 6 Best Solar Charger For Backpacking- Best Picks!
Now we are going to share our favorite choices for you that are incredible in performance and service. Let’s get started!
1. Goal Zero Nomad 10 Solar Panel
- 10 Watt panel with USB port
- Adjustable kickstand which ensures optimal sunlight collection
- Comes with a built-in flip dock
- Very lightweight so it is easy to carry in the backpack
- 11.25 inches length and 7.5 inches width makes it swiftly portable
Nomad 10 by Goal Zero is made in order to facilitate users to recharge their phone anywhere as long as sunshine is available. In other words, this portable solar charger is great for all the adventure junkies.
The Nomad 10 comes with a 10-watt solar panel and USB port, ensuring consistent solar power collection. The panel was designed by some of the most experienced designers, so users can certainly rely on this panel. Apart from that, it has a built-in Flip dock and a kickstand which can be adjusted according to the user’s convenience.
The adjustable kickstand makes it particularly useful for the users since it allows users to adjust the position of the solar panel in such a way that the solar collection is optimized and unhampered, which makes it particularly suitable for remote locations. Moreover, the panel is also quite lightweight, weighing only 1.2 lbs. which makes it easier to carry.
- It is very lightweight, so it is perfect for tents, camping, or any types of adventure
- Flexible enough
- Durable, so it can be your great companion in all of your adventures
- Not convenient for larger devices
2. Anker 21w 2-Port USB Portable Solar Charger
- 21 Watt solar panel
- Has two USB ports for multiple devices charging simultaneously
- Has fast charging technology
- Stainless steel eye-holes on each corner
- Compact, lightweight, and foldable
Anker PowerPort solar panel is a 21-watt solar panel that comes with not one but two USB ports. The charger also comes with a foldable panel, which makes it a great choice for traveling or any kind of adventure.
The Anker Powerport has a 21 Watt panel along with fast charging capabilities which enables the charger to recharge with a charging speed of 2.4 amps per port. Overall, the charger can have a charging speed of up to 3 amps as long as it is under direct sunlight. In fact, this charger facilitates the charging of two devices at the same time due to its Sunpower solar array, which is highly efficient, has an efficiency of around 21.5% to 23.5%.
Moreover, the charger can be easily attached to your backpack and is super portable. With a small and flexible size, it is a great option for outdoor trips. You can simply attach to anything including tents, clothing, trees, etc. This solar panel is also super lightweight and quite easy to carry.
- Enables fast charging as PowerIQ recreates the devices original charging mechanism
- Extremely durable.
- Compact and flexible design
- Enables simultaneous charging of multiple devices
- Not compatible with iPod nano, iPod Classic, HP TouchPad, and Asus tablets.
3. BigBlue 28W Solar Charger with Digital Ammeter
- Comes with auto-restart capabilities, which means it connects to sunlight seamlessly even on cloudy days.
- Ensures fast and reliable charging with 28 Watt panel
- Comes with two USB ports, which enables multiple device charging
- 1.3 pounds weight
The big blue 28W solar panel is certainly a must-have for its price. It’s reliable, efficient, enables fast charging, and comes within a reasonable price tag. The waterproof facility gives more advantage to the users and especially in times of rainy season traveling.
This solar panel will not only charge your devices quickly but also as an auto-restart feature which is quite useful in certain situations, for instance, on a cloudy day when the sunlight is not consistent, this panel has the ability to reconnect smoothly.
Another important feature is that this panel comes with two USB ports which enable simultaneous charging of multiple devices, although charging one device at a time will be a better choice. However, this panel is more suitable for car camping or camping in places where weight is not a great issue since it is quite heavyweight.
- Fast charging
- Multiple device charging at the same time
- Auto-restart capabilities
- Compatible with most devices and great for adventures as it is waterproof
- Can be a bit heavyweight
4. BigBlue 3 USB Ports 28W Solar Charger
- Made with waterproof materials so that you don’t have to about rain
- Will make you flattered with the highest performance ever
- Compatible with many devices, especially most 5V USB devices
- Comes with a lightweight and super easy to carry
- Features built-in intelligent chip and powerful technology
The most wonderful power bank is made with such materials which are waterproof. So adventures are not that difficult during the rainy season as well. Moreover, you will get incredible performance and well-rounded features from this solar charger. It features different 2 USB ports, one is for fast charging and for those devices which are 5V USB devices and another one is for regular charging. Can you imagine how versatile this small item is?
You can fold this as a briefcase as it is foldable and easily carryable. Camping, hiking, excursion everything is just a matter of time with this incredible power bank which can charge all the devices including smartphones, tablets, laptops, lights, and many other devices.
You just have to unfold this power source and you are ready to go! The materials which formulate this power bank are high-quality materials and offer long term service. It will charge itself faster also. So we can say that this power bank is great with its compatibility, stability and all other features. Getting this one won’t make you regret it at all for sure.
- Easy to carry
- Great stability
- Offer opportunities for fast charging
- Super durable
- Not quite pocket friendly
5. BigBlue Portable Solar Charger
- Includes unique features and specifications which make this durable and versatile
- Offers 3 USB charging ports so that you can charge 3 devices together
- It can detect your device on its own, then adjust the optimal charging speed accordingly
- Ensure 100% safety against overcharging, overheating, and other charging issues
- Any device can charge this with the USB output port
How often do you find a perfect power bank for going to your trips tension freely? We are pretty sure that every person faces problems due to not finding a reliable power. Well, stop further worrying because here is the life-changer of yours! BigBlue Store presents the most stunning 28W solar power charger for your comfortable trips and journeys. You can take this power bank to every trip and remain tension free.
It’s super easy to handle this power bank. It features 3 USB output ports so that you can charge 3 different devices at the same time. It features a waterproof port protector and a lightweight array of panels so that it can hold every ray of sunlight. Moreover, you won’t have to put any effort into making the power bank recognize the charging type of the devices. It will do so automatically and adjust the charging capacity.
The power charger is foldable and comes very lightweight. As a result, you can carry this wherever you want because it is small and fits any kind of hiking, camping, or excursion backpack. It features fast charging for 5V Android devices, DSLRs, Apple devices, and so on. So I would like to wish you happy trips with the best solar power bank!
- Can charge multiple devices at the same time
- Made with high-quality materials
- Nothing specific
- The waterproof nature of it allows you to go on adventures even on the water surfaces
- Anytime and anywhere charging capability makes sure that you don’t face any kind of problem in charging
- The amazing folding ability allows it to free up a lot of space for you during the journey
- It can be hooked up on any side while you enjoy your journey without worrying about wasting space in the charger
- Formulated with super durable materials
When you go on adventurous journeys like hiking or traveling around, you surely need flexible things to make your journey easier. This solar charger is so portable, that you can even fold it up around the corner, or hook it up on any side. While going on boating, this charger works as a waterproof companion, serving you with its extremely powerful battery even during cloudy days.
This solar charger stands out to be an exceptional and the most powerful one with its dual USB charging capacity to fulfill the need for electricity during long journeys. To gain extra strength compared to the other solar chargers, this one has an extra PCB cushion in it to make it stronger.
For devices like the iPad or iPhone, this charger has a special feature that solves the critical problem that every charger faces while charging an iPhone or iPad, which is weak electricity during cloudy days. As the iPhone and iPads can’t stand weak electricity, this charger is designed specially that provides needed electricity even when it’s cloudy.
- Has a waterproof surface.
- Very light in weight.
- Easy to use.
- High in quality.
- Often comes with manufacturing problems.
- A little bit expensive.
Buying guide for the best solar charger for backpacking
For travelers and adventure seekers, chargers are one of the most important things. One needs to keep the phone charged to keep up with the network of the outside world before traveling to an unknown place.
But if you travel in a place where electricity is hard to find, then it might turn out to be a major problem to keep the phone charged. This is why you should buy a solar charger for backpacking. Here’s what you should consider before buying a solar charger:
Size is what you should consider first before buying a solar charger. If you buy something which is very big in size, then it will turn out to be very tough for you to travel with it. And for traveling, bigger things are always the ones creating complications in carrying.
You must choose something that is easy to carry. Travelers always chose handy things for traveling. As you have to take a lot of necessary things and carry them in your backpack, heavy things will cause you much pain to carry.
If you have to charge a lot of things besides the phone, then you need something more powerful than a regular charger. Consider your solar charger by comparing it to your needs.
Durability and toughness
You need a tough one if you decide to go on adventurous journeys. It’s because due to the movement and pressure, the charger might get broken if it’s too weak compared to the actions. You also need to look up at the durability of the product, so that you don’t have to face charger related problems during a journey. Usually, tough ones are high in durability.
If you plan to go on a long journey, then make sure you have a solar charger with a battery that can store up enough energy for you to go without charging by the solar energy for days. Normally, travelers who travel in places where they can’t get sunlight properly make sure to buy a strong battery for their solar chargers to store up the energy for days without having sunlight.
Fixing the budget would make things easier for you to be satisfied with your solar charger. Nowadays, a lot of solar chargers are found in the market at an affordable price which helps to fulfill basic needs. You need to search up a bit to fit in your budget before buying to get the perfect one for you.
Related post: Feelle Solar Charger 24000mah Review
Here end our picks for the best solar charger for backpacking. As we have suggested a few incredible options here that are worth buying in comparison to the price and the performance, we are very sure that you won’t regret your decision after getting any one of these. But we would suggest you review the buying guide again before purchasing the solar charger and therefore you will be more clear about your purchase.
In the end, make sure that the charger provides all the necessary facilities that you require to have from your solar charger. If you have any specific things in mind, you have to make sure about that as well. Lastly, do not fall a victim to the least price and worst performance. Good luck!